Preparing First-Time Mothers for Parenthood
This page also available in: Español | Zomi
Children First, also know nationally as Nurse Family Partnership, is a family-centered program that utilizes home based services by registered nurses (RNs) to help first-time mothers and their families prepare for parenthood. Mothers receive information on promoting a healthy, safe lifestyle for their family while learning about the types of help and resources available to them in the community. These services are provided at no cost.
- Home based services are provided by a registered nurse and the visits are scheduled according to the individual needs of the mother and family. The visits continue until the baby is two years old.
- Supporting pregnant mother’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Physical exam of the unclothed infant or child.
- Measurement of height, weight, and head of infant or child.
- Assessment of the family's health habits, nutrition, and eating practices.
- Education on family planning.
- Education on discipline choices, parent skills, and child development.
- Education on illness, accidents, and injury prevention.
- Grief counseling for families experiencing the loss of a child.
- Referrals to resources based on family needs.
DISCLAIMER: THD is not responsible, professionally or financially, for medical treatment, hospitalization or other services provided outside the THD after referral by THD personnel.
To enroll in the Children First Program, please call (918) 779-6949 or fill out a Referral Form below.
Are you are a registered nurse and interested in getting involved? We'd like to hear from you. Please call 918-779-6949.